Its time for some recipes on here I think. Here’s one of my favourite summer dishes; Oriental Rice Salad.
This dish is not only really tasty, but its easy to make, 100% fat free and keeps in the fridge for a couple of days. Plus, with the exception of a handful of raisins and a spoon of sherry, it only contains foods which are brilliant for keeping weight off. All the other ingredients are fat burning, and almost all are low GI (pineapple, though is medium GI). The ginger adds a bit of heat which also helps boost metabolism.
So tuck in and enjoy, eating as much as you want! As you know I like eating LOADS so I reckon the recipe below will serve 3 decent portions or 4 smaller portions.
8oz / 225g brown rice
For the sauce:
4 tbsp fresh orange juice
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 clove garlic minced
½ tsp grated ginger
1 dsp sherry
For the salad:
6 radishes, sliced
2oz / 60g bean sprouts
2oz / 60g raisins
2oz / 60g toasted or dry fried cashew nuts
2 sticks celery
4oz / 120g pineapple
1. Cook the rice following the instructions on the packet. Make sure you rinse well in cold water first to remove dried starch. Make sure your water is boiling when you put the rice in the pan. This helps stop the rice getting sticky.
2. Mix together the dressing of fresh orange juice, soy sauce, minced garlic, grated ginger and sherry. Add some salt and pepper.
3. When the rice is cooked, drain and season with salt and pepper. Then pour over the dressing whilst still warm so it will soak up some of the dressing into the rice. Leave to cool.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the salad. To toast the cashew nuts I recommend dry frying in a non-stick pan for a few minutes.
5. When the rice is cool mix together and enjoy!