Golden Rule of Christmas No 4:
Don’t slump – still try and keep active.
It’s just too tempting to be a couch potato over the holiday period. We’re often indoors for longer and our usual routines go out of the window. So be conscious of this and try and find ways to get as active as you can during the holiday period.
- Try to avoid internet shopping – going to the supermarket uses up calories. See filling your shopping trolley as a workout and enjoy! Can you make shopping for presents a day out? Go by public transport, walk round loads of shops, carry bags and enjoy!
- Go for family walks. Wrap up warm and all go out together and make it a lovely social occasion. Make it a part of your holiday.
- Play games with the kids and get as active as possible – really go for it on the Wii. Choose active games rather than sitting watching the TV.
- If you go to parties, be the king or queen of the dance-floor. Boogie on down all night and burn off those calories.
- Find other little ways to be as active as possible – if you’re on holiday from work, you have more time – so use it! Park your car a bit away when you go out. Do small shops at local shops and walk. Use public transport as much as you can. Keep things upstairs so you have to keep running up stairs to get them. Get amorous! Having sex is a great way to burn off calories.
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!